Tuesday, June 22, 2010

I am a daffodil!

I took the little quiz and found out that I am a daffodil! This is the description of a person who is a daffodil: "You have a sunny disposition and are normally one of the first to show up for the party. You don't need too much attention from the host once you get there as you are more than capable of making yourself seen and heard." Yep, that sounds like me.
I love that I am a daffodil because I have been trying to turn my orchard into a daffodil field for years. This has involved planting hundreds of daffodil bulbs in large swaths of the orchard each fall. The field had a major set back last year when we underwent the soil remediation project and had to dig up all of the bulbs we could find. Let me tell you that it is much easier to plant the bulbs than it is to dig them up! We undertook this task last summer after the daffodil tops died back. Summer is not a good time to work out in an orchard field! We both looked like mud puppies when we finished each day and I thought we might get a divorce before we finished!
Alas, I am sure that many daffodil bulbs were hauled away with the old soil. Now, I have to start the process all over again this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment